Create and save a custom layout template
You can create a custom layout template from a page you have already designed in Page Builder, or you can create a layout template from scratch starting from the Builder admin panel (Version 1.10 and later) or the Templates admin panel (Version 1.9 and earlier).
Tip: If you want to use a layout from one page to create another within your site, you can duplicate the page rather than saving a layout template. Duplication creates a copy of your current page, including metadata. See the Related Articles for more information.
To save an existing page in Page Builder as a custom layout template:
- Do one of the following:
- Page Builder 2.x: Open the Tools menu and click Save template, or use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+j (Windows) or Cmd+j (Mac).
- Page Builder 1.x: Click the Tools button in the upper right corner, then choose Save Template.
- Give the template a name and click Save.
To create a new custom layout template from the Builder admin panel:
- In the WordPress admin panel, click Builder > Templates (Version 1.10) or Templates > All Templates (Version 1.9 and earlier).
If you don't see Builder or Templates in the admin panel, see the Related Article for instructions how to enable it.
- Enter the template title and click Add saved template.
- Click Launch Page Builder and construct the layout/
- To save the layout template, click Done > Publish.
Note: Layout templates are not public pages on your site and are not available for indexing by search engines.
See the Related Articles for information about working with saved templates.