Layout Templates are a shortcut to designing your pages. Load a layout template that's similar to the design you want, make tweaks, add your own content, and you've got a great looking page in no time.
Page Builder comes with a number of built-in templates, plus the ability to duplicate, save, manage, export, and import custom templates. For Agency versions, you can even override the built-in templates and replace them with your own, to make it easier for your clients to maintain their own websites.
There are two categories of built-in templates:
- Landing page templates:
Complete layouts that are suitable for use as a landing page or home page.
- Content page templates:
Layouts for pages with a specific focus, such as portfolios, contact us, FAQs, or a signup form.
Built-in templates are offered when you create a new Page Builder page, or you can replace or append a built-in template later.
- You can quickly duplicate a page or post on your site with the same layout and metadata.
- You can save custom templates and use them in Page Builder in the same way that you use built-in templates, adding them to a new page, or appending or replacing content you have already built.
- You can categorize, edit, or delete custom templates through a central Templates admin panel.
- You can organize the display of your custom templates into categories in Page Builder.
- You can export custom templates to use on other sites, or you can import templates from your own sites or other sources.
- If you have the Agency version, you can replace built-in templates with your own set, making it easier to provide your clients with your own custom solution.
See the related links to find out more about how to work with templates.