Edit or delete saved layout templates
You can edit or delete your saved layout templates either through the Beaver Builder admin panel or from withiin the Beaver Builder editor.
Note: Editing or deleting a saved template has no effect on any pages using that template.
Edit or delete a saved layout template through the Beaver Builder menu
- In the WordPress admin panel, click Beaver Builder > Templates.
Prior to Beaver Builder 2.1, click Builder > Templates.
If you don't see Beaver Builder or Builder in the admin panel, see the Related Article on enabling the Beaver Builder admin panel.
- Mouse over the template that you want to edit or delete, then click Trash to move the template to the trash, or click Beaver Builder to open the page for editing.
If you moved the template to the trash, you're done at this point.
- If you're editing the template, make any changes in the Beaver Builder editor, then click Done > Publish.
Note: Deleted templates remain available in the trash until you permanently delete them.
Edit or delete a custom layout template within the Beaver Builder editor
You can edit or delete any saved template on the Templates tab when a page is open for editing in Beaver Builder.
To edit or delete a saved template from a Beaver Builder editing page:
- From a page open for editing in Beaver Builder, in the Content panel, click Templates, then select the Saved templates group.
- Mouse over the template you want to edit or delete until the Wrench and Trash icons appear.
- Click the Trash icon to move the template to the trash.
You're done at this point.
- To edit the item, click the Wrench icon.
The layout template opens in Beaver Builder in a new tab. Note the URL changes to mydomain.com/fl-builder-template/.... to show you are editing a template.
- Make any editing changes, you want, then click Done > Publish.
The tab for the layout template closes and you can go back to the page you were editing.
Remember, the edited template does not update any existing templates, so if you want to update the page you're editing, you'll need to follow the normal procedure to use the edited template to append to or replace the existing layout.
Tip: When you edit a template, previous versions are saved, so you can restore a previous version if you need to. See the Related Article below.