Custom module developer guide
Creating custom modules for Beaver Builder can open up a world of possibilities for you and your clients. You can extend and modify our existing modules to fit a specific use case, or create brand new modules.
To get started, you can download our example plugin below and explore the code or read through the step-by-step guide provided on this page. Sections that are new for Page Builder 2.x are marked in the Table of Contents below.
In this step-by-step guide, we'll go over how to code custom modules with their own settings panel just like the modules included with the builder.
A module reference and setting field reference is available at the end of this guide to further assist in your custom module coding.
Additionally, you can override any of the built-in modules by following the steps in CMDG 17: Override Built-In Modules.
Table of Contents
- 01: Create a plugin
- 02: Add a module to your plugin
- 03: Define module settings
- 05: Module HTML
- 06: Module CSS
- 08: Module property reference
- 09: Module method reference
- 10: Setting fields reference
- 11: Responsive fields reference (NEW in Beaver Builder 2.x)
- 12: Repeater fields reference
- 13: Sanitize field values (NEW in Beaver Builder 2.x)
- 14: Create custom fields
- 15: Live preview reference
- 16: Partial refresh reference
- 17: Override built-in modules
- 18: Localization