Duplicate your Beaver Builder layout to another page
You can use a Beaver Builder layout to create a duplicate page with the same layout and metadata. This works for standard Beaver Builder layouts, Themer layouts, and saved items: layout templates, rows, columns, and modules.
After you've duplicated the layout, a new page is automatically created and opens for editing. The new page has the following initial title and slug, which you can modify:
- Title: Copy of <original page title>
- Slug: <original-slug-title>-copy
This action copies the entire page and all metadata from the back end, including Yoast SEO data.
Tip: Instead of cloning layouts with this method, you can save your layout as a template to use on other pages, export to other sites, or have available for clients to use in sites you deliver to them. See the Related Articles for more information.
Note: The Beaver Builder layout must have been either published or saved before you duplicate the layout. If you make editing changes to the layout after you open the page and then duplicate it before saving the page, the duplicated page will not show the changes, and the changes may be lost on the source page as well.
To duplicate a Beaver Builder layout:
- Open the page you want to duplicate in Beaver Builder.
- Click the arrow in the upper left side of the top bar to open the Tools menu.
- On the Tools menu click Duplicate layout.
A new page opens in the WordPress editor.
Tip: The Tools menu is in the upper left corner of your screen. Access it by clicking the down arrow in the title bar.
- Rename the page title and the slug on the new page and click Publish.
If you don't click Publish and leave the page instead, it is saved as a draft.
- Click Launch Beaver Builder to begin editing the content and layout on the new page.