Downgrade to a lower version of Beaver Builder
This article has information about downgrading from one premium version to another or downgrading from a premium version to the free Beaver Builder Lite plugin. If you want to stop using Beaver Builder entirely, see the Related Article below on how to uninstall.
- If your premium version is more than 30 days beyond purchase we cannot issue a refund if you choose to downgrade. See our refund policy in Terms and Conditions.
- Unlicensed versions of the Beaver Builder plugin and theme will continue to work, but you will no longer be able to update them. For security and (eventually) compatibility reasons, it's a good idea to use plugins and themes that you can keep updated, so we recommend that you switch to another theme or plugin instead of continuing to use an unlicensed version.
Downgrade to another premium version
You can downgrade from one premium version to another at any time with continued eligibility for the annual renewal discount for your new rate. If you downgrade within 30 days of a purchase or renewal, we'll refund the difference in versions.
When you downgrade, you will lose the features from the higher version. See the pricing table on our website for a summary of the features at each level.
No matter which premium version you use, you'll have access to the entire set of Beaver Builder plugin rows, columns, and modules, both on the rendered pages and in the Beaver Builder editor.
To downgrade from one premium version to another:
- File a Beaver Builder Support ticket to request a downgrade. Tell us which version you want to downgrade to, and give us identifying information for your subscription, such as your license number or the email address that you used to purchase the subscription. Note that we cannot refund the difference in versions after the first 30 days of a subscription of renewal.
- After you're notified of the downgrade, go to your My Account page and download the new version of the plugin from the website.
If you downgrade from Agency to Pro version, the version of the Beaver Builder Theme remains licensed and you don't have to reinstall it. If you downgrade from Pro to Standard, the Beaver Builder Theme will continue to work but you won't be able to update it, so we encourage you to switch to another theme.
- On the WordPress admin panel, click Plugins to display your list of installed plugins.
- Deactivate and delete the Beaver Builder plugin.
You won't lose data or layouts or custom CSS when you delete the plugin.
- On the Installed plugins page, click Add new and upload, install, and activate the new version of the plugin.
- Go to Settings > Beaver Builder and click the License tab. Check that your license is still active. If not, copy the license number on your My Account page and enter it on the License tab.
Downgrade from a premium version to the free Beaver Builder Lite plugin
If you downgrade from any premium version to the free Beaver Builder Lite plugin, the only modules that will continue to function on the live site and in the editor are the ones contained in the Lite version. What's left on the Beaver Beaver Lite editing page is the framework of rows and columns that were previously there and any modules that are still supported. See the Beaver Builder Lite plugin page for a list of modules supported by the free version. If you open the page in the WordPress editor, you can see any text and image portions of the modules that could be converted. Modules such as the Posts module will not be converted to the WordPress editor.